Sunday, October 3, 2010

MUSE TAKES DENVER




Another weekend working on the room, one more step closer to the end. I'm hoping I can bring it to a close by next Sunday.

A fire in the mountains made for interesting light Sunday evening. The news confirmed that the orange tinted clouds were due to the fire 70 miles away.




After returning from the Coachella Music Festival in April, I learned that the UK rock band Muse was going to play at the Pepsi Center on October 2nd, months away. The time passed quickly and that date was this weekend. My wife and son joined me. My daughter was unable to come along because she was stage director working on a play that evening at the high school. I chose not to sell the two spare tickets to the scalpers hovering outside the Pepsi Center, their offered price not being worth the cost of having to sit next to strangers. I kept them for the extra arm and leg room on either side of us.


A great show with a fabulous stage setup, sections of floor rising and falling, the sides of these pillars brightly lit with abstract images and also acting as big screen TVs. I thoroughly enjoyed their music. After complaining loudly about not wanting to go, I actually believe my 13 year old son enjoyed himself this evening! Needless to say, I was fortunate my wife was acting as the designated driver tonight.


The band is described as such:

Muse are a multi award-winning English alternative rock band that formed in Devon, England in 1994. Since their inception, Muse has been comprised of vocalist, guitarist and pianist Matthew Bellamy, bassist and backing vocalist Christopher Wolstenholme and drummer Dominic Howard.

Muse are renowned for their energetic and extravagant live performances. Muse are also known for their fusion of many music genres, including progressive rock, classical music and electronica. Muse will head out on a world tour behind “The Resistance,” including a few US shows with Silversun Pickups early next year. Muse revealed “The Resistance,” the outfit’s fifth studio effort, in September. The 11-track set topped album charts in 13 countries, including the UK and Australia, though in the US it landed at No. 3 on The Billboard 200. “The Resistance” follows 2007’s “Black Holes and Revelations” and 2003’s “Absolution,” the group’s breakthrough in the US. The band also released “HAARP,” a live CD/DVD set, in 2008






















I recorded the show. Fairly good quality.

3 comments:

phil said...

Excellent Muse Gig. Thanx.
Do you mind if I post this elsewhere.
Thanx
Phil

volcano man said...

Go right ahead. I believe in sharing the music.

Anonymous said...

thanks man!